All classes in Diablo 4 have class-specific skills. This system has not changed from the previous Diablo games.
Skills are split into different categories per class. Each class has around 25 skills. This is based on skills that have been revealed so far for classes such as the Barbarian.
Categories of skills differ depending on class. For example, the Barbarian class skills are split into the following groups:
- Basic – Generate Fury and deal Physical Damage
- Fury – Deal Physical Damage at a cost to Fury
- Defensive – Deal Physical Damage with Cooldowns
- Brawling – Deal Physical Damage with Cooldowns with some generation of Fury
- Weapon Mastery – Deal Physical Damage with Cooldowns
- Ultimate – Deal Physical Damage with Cooldowns with some generation of Fury
Each skill falls into one of four categories:
Talents and Skills
Each class has a pool of talents which can be used to augment the base skill. These talent trees, and using the Barbarian as an example again, there are two talent trees.
These talents can buff the skills themselves but are not to be confused with skills.